Thursday, August 26, 2010

MidnightSunArt Feature!

Hi everyone! My name is Davy and my shop is MidnightSunArt. My grandmother tried to teach me to crochet when I was a young boy, but I could never get the hang of it. In my freshman year of college I decided to pick up some yarn and a few hooks and try to remember the basics she had taught me and then teach myself the rest. I did that as a way to pass time at the job I had at the time, sitting behind a desk at the campus Residence Halls late at night and early in the mornings. That was four years ago and I've been in love with crochet ever since! I've now all but graduated college and moved to Alaska to start a new life and career.

This set represents me as a crochet artist pretty well. I tend to lean toward muted colors and earth tones, though I use bright colors on occassion. Mostly I love things that garner a sense of wearability and class. I prefer to work in simple stitches, nothing too complicated. While my stitches are usually simple, I do love to experiment with complex patterns and create my own patterns. I love colors that remind me of the woods, the sky, and natural foods.



Thanks for looking and reading my feature! I look forward to seeing more from the rest of our talented team! :-)

3 comments:

  1. That is wonderful.....I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the unique stitch pattern you used, Davy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Krissy and Anything Crochet!

    I just used single crochet for almost the whole thing on both pieces, but the spaces in the middle is simply single crochet and small chains. :-)

    ReplyDelete