Saturday, April 16, 2011

Donations for Relay for Life Featuring 5280yarns!

A big THANK YOU to 5280yarns for making a donation for Relay for Life! Be sure to check out her shop here: www.etsy.com/shop/5280yarns



Here is her story:

"During my first deployment to Iraq, I was inspired to take up crocheting as a hobby by several of my friends and fellow soldiers who had learned to knit. For us, it became a relaxing activity to help wind down from the stresses of non-stop operations that working in a combat zone entails. Whether I was alone in my room, or hanging out with the other girls, crocheting was something I always had to keep myself busy and avoid dwelling over the fact that we were far from home. Upon my return to the United States, I put crocheting on hold, but as another deployment loomed ahead, I was delighted to find a set of knitting needles in a care package my good friend sent. My passion for yarn was re-ignited, as I spent many hours reading knitting instruction books and looking at patterns. I decided to open my Etsy shop, 5280yarns, because I love knitting and crocheting, and wanted to share it with others. It also motivates and challenges me to start a new project or put my own twist on a pattern that I have found. The name of my shop comes from the fact that I was stationed in Colorado, which is famous for Denver's elevation of 5280 feet. Although I am originally from another state, I fell in love with the beautiful mountains of Colorado and am proud to be living and creating here, so I wanted to incorporate Colorado into my shop's name."

1 comment: